Last updated: Sunday, November 26, 2023
The Lesson Scholarship Program for the 2023-2024 School Year
is now open and accepting applications.
Info on Private Lessons Scholarship...
Dear Band Parent,
Quincy Band Boosters has created a scholarship fund to help parents of motivated band students pay for the cost of private music lessons on their band instrument. The one-on-one music learning experience of private lessons is the most effective way to build musical skill and confidence in young students.
The scholarship covers up to $150 toward a term of at least ten lessons with a private teacher (or for a pre-approved lesson program at an accredited institution) with the remaining balance of the lesson costs to be paid by the student's parent/guardian.
Scholarships for 'specialty instruments' may be slightly higher (up to $250) but must be recommended and approved by your student's band teacher/director to the QBB.
For the 2023/2024 school year, scholarships for woodwind, brass, and percussion players may apply for either in-person or on-line lessons.
How to apply:
1. Quincy band students in grades 4 through 12 are invited to apply for the scholarship.
2. The online application form must be filled out and signed by both student and parent.
3. Students must also submit their answers to the three questions asked of students on the application.
4. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and as long as funds are available.
- If your application is accepted, your next step is to arrange for private lessons with your choice of teacher (or institution). Your band director will provide a list of local approved private teachers with contact information.
- Parents should contact teachers and arrange lessons to start within two weeks of notification.
- Total lesson cost, scheduling, and balance payment terms will be decided upon by you and your teacher.
- The teacher's primary specialty must be in the instrument that you play.
- Parents will be held responsible for the full cost of any lesson missed without 24 hours’ notice.
- Scholarship checks will be paid directly to the private teacher.
- We ask parents to help support the program by joining us at QBB meetings, volunteering at a band or QBB event, or helping the program in some way during the 2023-2024 school year. Note that high school students may fulfill this request instead of parents if they choose.
Questions may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
check our website frequently for QBB news and meeting dates and times. https://quincybandboosters.com/
The Quincy Band Boosters are extremely excited to be able to offer you this wonderful opportunity! Private lessons give you the best chance to improve your skill and confidence on your band instrument.
The QBB Scholarship Committee
The Quincy Band Boosters works to support, but is separate from, the instrumental music program of the Quincy Public Schools.
Click on the link below to take you to the online application form: