Last updated: Wednesday, February 1st, 2023
The Lesson Scholarship Program for the 2022-2023 School Year have closed as the QBB has reached its budgeted allotment and awarded over $4,000 to students this year in scholarships and aid towards private lessons.
We thank all that have applied and look forward to helping students and their families again next year.
Info on Private Lessons Scholarship...
Quincy Band Boosters has created an annual scholarship fund to help parents of motivated band students pay for the cost of private music lessons on their band instrument.
For the 2022/2023 school year, the QBB had set aside $4,000 in scholarship funds for woodwind, brass, and percussion players for in-person or on-line lessons.
These scholarship covers up to $150 (or other set amount) toward a term of at least ten lessons with a private teacher or for a pre-approved lesson program at an accredited institution, with the remaining balance of the lesson costs to be paid by the student's parent/guardian.
Scholarships for 'specialty instruments' may be slightly higher (up to $250) but must be recommended and approved by your student's band teacher/director to the QBB.
The QBB feels that the one-on-one music learning experience of private lessons is the most effective way to build musical skill and confidence in young students and is supported by experienced teachers, tutors, institutions, and the band teachers & directors of the Quincy Public Schools Band Program.
Below is some info on the QBB Scholarship Program.
How to apply:
1. Quincy band students in grades 4 through 12 are invited to apply for the scholarship.
2. An online application form must be filled out and signed by both student and parent.
3. Students must also submit their answers to a brief questionnaire on the application.
4. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and awarded as long as funds are available.
- If your application is accepted, your next step will be to arrange for private lessons with your choice of teacher (or accredited music institution). Your band director will provide a list of local approved private teachers with contact information.
- Parents should contact teachers (or institution) and arrange lessons to start within two weeks of notification.
- Total lesson cost, scheduling, and balance payment terms will be decided upon by you and your teacher (or institution).
- The teacher's primary specialty must be in the instrument that you play.
- Parents are responsible for the full cost of any lesson missed without 24 hours’ notice.
- Scholarship checks will be paid directly to the private teacher or institution.
- All scholarship sponsored lessons should be completed by the end of May of that school year.
- We ask parents of students receiving scholarship funds to help support the QBB by joining us at monthly meetings, volunteering at a band and/or QBB event, or helping the program in some way during the school year. Note that high school students may fulfill this request instead of parents if they choose.
- Questions may be emailed to ___________________.
The Quincy Band Boosters are extremely excited to be able to offer students this wonderful opportunity! Private lessons give young students the best chance to improve their skill and to gain confidence on your band instrument.
---The QBB Scholarship Committee
The Quincy Band Boosters works to support, but is separate from, the instrumental music program of the Quincy Public Schools.
QBB Monthly Meeting
Thursday, February 2nd
7:00PM at QHS Teacher's Room
The QHS Teacher's Room is located at the back
of the cafeteria across from the gym entrance.
Enter through front or back entrance before 7pm
--doors may be locked after 7pm--